When do we invest
WHEN DO WE INVEST
- Medium-sized companies in need: in case of (imminent) bankruptcy or acute succession problems.
- Mature organizations (no start-ups, no hypes) with a (management-) team that we can build on. If necessary, management will be strengthened. If “the key man risk” is too high, we will not buy in.
- The companies mainly operate from the Netherlands or Germany.
- There is evidence of underlying structural growth potential and a sustainable competitive advantage is present or creatable.
- We don’t have a focus on a specific sector or market, but we need to understand the business and will not get into over-regulated industries.
- In a turnaround it is important that we can determine what will happen; even if the measures are firm. We therefore always operate from predominant control (majority interest and/or controlling vote).